Stores and manufacturer’s give us such great deals there is not reason to abuse the system. I encourage everyone to follow these “commandments” when it comes to couponing. We play within the rules and it makes it easier for everyone. When people start abusing the system, stores and manufacturers cut back or give the honest couponers a hard time!
- Thou Shall Not Used Expired Coupons. Unless it is your stores policy to accept them. Sometimes they will not beep even with expired.
- Thou Shall Use the Coupon for the Item is intended.
- Thous Shall understand the requirements & restrictions on the coupon. Read the coupon language carefully. Sometimes there is a certain number you have to purchase or a specific variety is only included on the coupon.
- Thou Shall Not Decode the Coupon to misuse the coupon.
- Thou Shall Not Alter Coupons.
- Thous Shall Not Make Copies of Printable Coupons. Making copies of printable coupons is a big “no no”.
- Thou Shall Not Clear the Shelves.
- Thou Shall Question Any FREE coupon items for legitimacy. The old adage, if it seems too good to be true, it probably is.
- Thou Shall Not Misuse the Self Checkout System.
- Thou Shall Use Your Couponing Powers for Good Only!
The 15 Days of Couponing will guide you through the art of couponing. It is a skill that you can learn and maximize to the full potential to help your family and help others. So if you are interested in cutting your grocery budget in half or more, check out the 15 Days of Couponing Series!