In celebration of the upcoming Pi Day on March 14, we are showing Pi Day some love with some delicious dinner pies. Pies are just not for dessert, though we LOVE our dessert pies. Meaty and veggie pies are great for breakfast, dinner, and as a side dish.
The real debate is which kind of pie crust do you choose? Do you make your own or buy the refrigerated pie sheets or buy the ready to go pie crusts? Personally, I’m a fan of the in between. I like to buy the pie crust sheets which gives me some flexibility with my crusts. I’ve never had good luck making my own pie crusts and it can be very time consuming. I like to keep it somewhat simple so I buy the refrigerated pie crust sheets like I did in this Mini Apple Pie recipe.
Pie crusts are great to have on hand to go beyond desserts as I will show you with this extensive list of delicious meaty and veggie pies. Head over to my Foodie Collection to get all the details on any of these recipes.
15 Dinner Pies
- Heirloom Tomato Pie: This pie would be great for a side dish or main dish.
- Chicken Nacho Pot Pie: Nachos in a pie – yum.
- Turkey Taco Pie: Shred leftover turkey and substitute for the ground turkey to repurpose your leftovers.
- Kid Friendly Shepherd’s Pie: Kid friendly? Yes!
- Cheddar Tomato Pie Recipe: Tomatoes, basil – this farm fresh easy cheddar tomato pie would make a great dinner or even a side dish!
- Quesadilla Pie: All things quesadilla have to be delicious!
- Chile Relleno Pie Recipe: Hello delicious-ness chile relleno pie!
- Fresh Swiss Chard Quiche: This quiche looks great for dinner or breakfast.
- Quiche Lorraine: It has bacon. Do I need to say anymore?
- Pizza Pot Pie: Everyone loves pizza, right? Try this delicious, creamy version that uses cream cheese.
- Sage Butternut Pies: Using butternut and sage makes for a unique and delicious pie.
- Artichoke, Kale, and Ricotta Pie: This pie recipe only has six ingredients.
- Chicken Alfredo Pot Pie: A creamy family favorite transformed into pie.
- Taco Hand Pies: Tacos in pie format.
- Vegetable Pot Pie Recipe: Vegetarian friendly recipe with plenty of vegetables.
What is your favorite dinner pie recipe?