There are so many travel apps to choose from that can help you plan, organize, and keep a wealth of information at your fingertips when you are on the go. I travel around 10 times a year for my blog job and we usually take the family on a few trips during the year as well. These are the best travel apps for smartphones that keep us informed, entertained, and organized!
- Kayak: If I am flying, this the app that I use to check prices for flights. It tells me when I should buy and when I should wait for prices to lower. You can even search for the perfect hotel and manage your itinerary or track your flight status. Free for iPhone, iPad, Android, Windows Phone 7, and Kindle devices.
- TripAdvisor: I love the reviews on this one. Plus it ranks popular hotels, attractions, restaurants, etc. by area. A neat feature is download a city, which gives you access to view these cities in the TripAdvisor app without an internet connection. This is helpful so you don’t waste your battery. Also, check out the City Guides, which include tour ideas for your city.
- Yelp: This is my FAVORITE app to find new restaurants and attractions. Users share experiences with tips, check-ins, and photos. I have found some of the best restaurants in unfamiliar locations by utilizing this app.
- Google Maps: Of course, this one is a must. I mostly use it for navigation while on foot in cities. (I use my vehicle’s built in GPS when driving.)
- Waze App: Waze gives you real time help from other drives. It is a community based driving app. I always use this when we are driving to our destination as it alerts us to slow traffic, which means we can avoid that particular area if needed.
- TripIt: This app connects your email accounts to compile all your travel information for you automatically. Have all of your travel information in one place.
- Gas Buddy: Find the cheapest gas on the go. This is another app that is community based. Earn points for every gas price reported.
- Packing Pro: It never fails, I always leave something at home. Enter Packing Pro app, the app designed to help you plan what to bring on your trip.
- Open Table: This app shows you which restaurants have availability for your party at the time you wish to dine. You can then reserve your table right from the app.
- Weather Channel App: Easily find out the weather for your area with this. I like to be able to view the hourly forecast as well as a 3-10 day forecast of my destination as well.
- Entertainment apps such as Netflix, Hulu Plus+, and Kindle apps are great for keeping entertained while traveling!
What are your favorite travel apps? Share in the comments!
Disclosure: As member of a pretty cool team of influencers, I received the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 with line of service from Verizon. No additional compensation was provided nor did I promise positive feedback. All opinions are my own. Learn more on how I disclose on my Disclosure Policy page.