As the holidays roll around, I’m always on the look-out both for new holiday treats to make as well as new ways to jazz up old favorites. This year, I stumbled across this Chocolate Covered Krispie Treat Bites recipe, and now I’m wondering why I didn’t make Rice Krispie bars this way all along! It only requires one extra ingredient and a couple extra steps, so if you already know how to make Rice Krispie treats, you’re already almost there!
First, you start by making the traditional Rice Krispie treats recipe. (Don’t worry, I have the steps listed below if you don’t remember them off the top of your head!) Once your Rice Krispie bars are cooled, then all you have to do is cut them into cubes, dip them into melted chocolate, and cool them again. You can even decorate them with candy sprinkles if you want to (and you do–they’re awesome!).
Just because you’re a grown-up looking for grown-up treats to make for your family or for a special occasion doesn’t mean that you can’t enjoy all of the treats you once enjoyed as a kid. All it takes are a few extra steps, and your “boring” standard treats are now new and fancy once again!
Give your kids the treat-making experience you enjoyed when you were a kid (or the one you wish you could have had but never did). Make these yummy Chocolate Covered Krispie Treat Bites today!
- 6 cup Rice Krispies Cereal
- 3 tbsp Butter
- 10.5 oz Marshmallows
- 1 cup Chocolate Melting Chips
- Using butter or cooking spray, prepare a 9 x 13 pan pr line with parchment paper.
- In a medium to large saucepan, melt the butter over low heat.
- Add the marshmallows and stir until completely melted.
- Remove from heat.
- Add the Rice Crispies cereal and stir until cereal is well coated.
- Butter a your hands or use wax paper to press the mixture firmly into the pan.
- Allow to cool.
- Line a cutting coard or tray with parchment paper or wax paper.
- Cut into approximately 1" square bites and place on prepared tray.
- Place in freezer for 15 minutes.
- Heat chocolate by microwaving for 1 minute stirring and repeating until melted.
- Using a fork dip each bite into chocolate to completely coat. Shake off excess and return to tray.
- You can optionally decorate with sprinkles or candy decorations.