Summer is almost officially here, though, the weather in Indiana isn’t reflecting this right now. While our summers are busy, it seems like it is easier to be active and eat healthy in the summer. Right now, the weather has been fantastic for being active outside!
In the past, I’ve felt like if I don’t have time to do 45 minutes of activity, I shouldn’t even bother. Since the kids have been out from school, I’ve been trying to shake things up by getting as much outdoor activity as possible even if I have to break it up into 20 minute segments. We have been doing a variety of activities to keep fit such as riding our bikes (family bike rides), walking, jogging, and swimming.
Keri Glassman and Dannon Oikos have some tips to help you get started on shaking up your own routine:
- Every Meal Is A “Monday Morning”. Focus on eating better, one meal at a time. Otherwise it can be easy to get discouraged – forget the worry! Your only mission: Make the next meal you eat nutritious, balanced and satisfying.
- Don’t Eat Around A Craving. Honor your craving with a conscious indulgence – take a few deep breaths and find a healthy alternative! Try satisfying your sweet tooth with Dannon Oikos® Greek nonfat yogurt, it is nutritious but still has an incredible taste.
- No-Excuses Exercise. Sometimes the biggest barrier to working out is just getting there so a good option can be to make it as easy as possible—throw in a workout DVD or even going for a walk takes away excuses and gets you moving!
- Satisfying Proteins. A moderate-protein balanced diet with a reasonable amount of fiber, carbohydrates and the appropriate amount of healthy fats is the best way to maintain a healthy weight. Dairy is a great source of protein, try a creamy Greek nonfat yogurt like Dannon Oikos®–it has twice the protein of regular lowfat yogurt2. (2 Oikos Greek Nonfat yogurt: 12 -14g Protein (24%DV), Regular lowfat yogurt: 5g protein (10%DV) per 5.3oz.)
I’ve personally been concentrating on No-Excuses Exercises by getting out there no matter what kind of mood I’m in. Even if I walk at a very slow pace, I’m still getting out there and trying to be as active as possible. For the month of May, I completed 22 activities and burned over 6,000 calories. I’m a stats nerd and can track these kinds of things very easily with my favorite free fitness app – Runkeeper.
Dannon Oikos is a great way to start your mornings! With 12-14 grams of protein, it helps reduce those pre-lunch cravings as I feel full longer than if I grabbed something that didn’t have as much protein. Just don’t forget to grab a spoon! Seriously, you don’t want to be the
kid adult trying to lick the yogurt out of the container!
I’m also giving away a copy of Keri Glassman’s new book Slim, Calm, and Sexy Diet. (Calm diet? I’d love to read this one!)
How to Win?
Prize: Keri Glassman’s new book Slim, Calm, and Sexy Diet
You can enter up to 4 times with the following methods:
1. Leave a comment: How do you shake up your diet routine for summer?
**If you are reading in an email or a feed reader, you must click over to enter this giveaway. Entries via email are not accepted.
2. Subscribe to my FREE newsletter. You must confirm your email for a valid entry. If you are already a subscriber, leave a comment letting me know you are already getting the bargains in your inbox!
3. Become a Facebook Liker of Bargain Briana.
4. Tweet the Following on Twitter:
When it’s snack time, don’t forget to grab a spoon! Enter to win a new book from Keri Glassman! @bargainbriana #grabaspoon. http://bit.ly/LpyyAD
Please leave a comment for each additional entry.
Giveaway ends on June 8, 2012 at 11:59 p.m. EST.
Winner will be chosen by random. Be sure firstname.lastname@example.org is in your safe sender list as you don’t want to miss the email if you are the chosen winner. Winner must respond to email within 48 hours or a new winner will be chosen. U.S. Entries only. Alternate entry: Mail a postcard with the giveaway you are entering along with your name, address, and email to PO Box 14, Tipton, IN 46072.
**Please note: The companies have 6-8 weeks to ship prizes.
I have partnered with Dannon to help promote the Dannon Oikos Greek Grab a Spoon campaign. I have been compensated for my time commitment to the program, which includes writing about the promotion and product. However, my opinions are entirely my own and I have not been paid to publish positive comments. Read more on my Disclosure Policy.