I’m a Coke drinker, and while I love the taste of original Coca Cola, sometimes I like to mix it up by adding in different flavorings. One flavor that I found recently that is seriously yummy is Dirty Coke with Homemade Coconut Syrup. It tastes like a fancy cocktail, but it’s perfectly appropriate for any time of day. Plus, it’s really easy too! Just add coconut syrup and half & half to Coke and squeeze a little lime in it.
The only thing I don’t like about this recipe is just that coconut syrup can be hard to find. When you do find coconut syrup, it is very expensive for the little amount you want to use. That’s okay, though, because now I have a recipe to make my own Homemade Coconut Syrup. It may not be something I ever thought I should learn how to make, but I’m so glad that I did! This drink is seriously yummy!
Coconut syrup is ridiculously easy to make too, though you may want to make a small batch just so you don’t have to dirty another pan each time you want more Dirty Coke with Homemade Coconut Syrup. Simply mix one cup of water and one cup of sugar in a pan on the stove, bring to a boil for three to five minutes, let it cool and add coconut flavor. That’s it!
Summer cocktails don’t have to have alcohol to be yummy and fun. The next time you have a backyard barbecue or end-of-the-summer lake party, mix up a big batch of this Dirty Coke with Homemade Coconut Syrup instead. It might just become your new favorite way to drink Coke!
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 cup Water
- 2 tsp Coconut Flavor
- 12 oz Coca-Cola
- 2 tbsp Coconut Syrup (which you made above)
- ½ Lime
- 2 tbsp Half & Half or Heavy Cream
- If you can't find Coconut Syrup you can make your own.
- Add 1 cup water and 1 cup Sugar to a pan and bring to a boil stirring occasionally. Allow to boil for 3-5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add coconut flavor.
- Allow to cool.
- cut lime into quarter lime wedges.
- In a large glass (approx 24 oz) fill half way with ice.
- Add coconut syrup and squeeze 2 lime wedges over ice.
- Toss squeezed limes into glass.
- Add Coke.
- Add 1-2 tablespoons of half & half or cream and serve. Note that lime juice will tend to try and curdle the cream.