Ratatouille. This is impossible for me to say properly. My kids on the other hand know all about ratatouille from some kids movie so they love to school me on the proper pronunciation. Anyway, ratatouille is a delicious meatless dish that is a great with pasta or rice or just by itself!
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- tablespoon garlic, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 2 zucchini, sliced into half moons
- 1 eggplant, peeled and cubed
- 8 ounce mushroom, sliced
- 2 cans of petite diced tomatoes (14.5 ounce)
- 1½ teaspoon of herbes de provence
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Heat oil in large pot. Add onion and garlic. Cook thoroughly until soft.
- Add peppers, zucchini, eggplant, and mushroom.
- Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, herbes de provence, and salt. Cook for about 30 minutes, stirring often.
This recipe was adapted from the Not Your Mother’s Make Ahead & Freeze Cookbook cookbook! It is a freezer friendly recipe, which can be divided and split into plastic containers or freezer bags. Thaw and warm up to serve.