I was recently sent a pamphlet with some tips on how to keep your financial information safe. I thought we could all use these tips!
- Reconcile your statements each month. Check for unauthorized transactions.
- Reports any suspicious inquiries or unauthorized transactions to your bank immediately.
- NEVER give your credit card, checking information, social security number unless you initiated the call.
- Look for the secure lock symbol in the lower corner of your browers before entering credit card information. There should also be a "https" indicating it is secure website.
- Shred pre-approved credit offers, receipts, and any other information which has personal information.
- Check your credit report every few months and look for anything unusual.
Any other tips?
Thanks, Bambi @ Star Financial Bank!
Photo Source: Andres Rueda