Why wait until after the Holidays to start a new diet and exercise regimen? We’re ready to start now! Maybe you already have a great routine, kudos! Don’t let the holidays ruin it.
The absolute best health care is preventative health care. Take steps to improve your health today and your body will be sure thank you for it tomorrow.
Avoiding Holiday Buldge this Christmas and New Years:
1. Eat a nutritious breakfast to avoid over-indulging at family gatherings.
2. Pick out 1 or 2 of your favorite Holiday treats and truly enjoy them. Chew slowly.
3. Avoid nervous eating and bored eating. Instead, try an activity!
4. Prepare smaller portion sizes.
5. Resist mindless eating. Did you really just eat that?
6. Reduce alcoholic beverages :)
7. Take a walk. Even better, invite a family member to join!
8. Get moving! Plan or implement holiday activities at your family events.
9. Workout early or late. (Know your fitness center hours?)
10. Relax and Enjoy the season. Think: “Quality > Quantity.”
Get Fit Friday series posts by BargainBriana: Kilah.
Kilah K. Dickey
Purdue University ’11
College of Health & Human Sciences: Bachelor of Health Science