Week One: Behavior Change Project Introduction
Last week on Get Fit Friday, I asked about your 2012 New Year’s Resolutions. How are they going so far? Although January 1st and those first few weeks of the new year can be a great motivator for new beginnings, it certainly doesn’t have to be all-or-nothing. This Friday, as promised, is the introduction to your behavior change project.
First, find your Readiness to Change Stage (chart/image above) concerning the desired behavior you would like to change. Not sure? Descriptions:
- Pre-contemplation: Unaware, Unwilling, Uninterested or simply: behavior change isn’t on your radar
- Contemplation: Considering changing, but it’s just a general thought or hope
- Preparation: Making plans and necessary arrangements to make the change happen
- Action: Physical difference in behavior, Experimenting, and actually DOING the work
- Maintenance: You have changed. You continue to practice the new behavior.
- Choose one (1) N.Y. Resolution
- Identify one (1) Specific Behavior to Change which positively supports your N.Y.R
- Currently on stage _______ of the Readiness to Change Chart ?
- Desire stage ________ on the Readiness to Change Chart.
More next Friday. Have a great week!