May was National Bike Month. Did you get out there and ride? My dad and I spontaneously rode our bikes on the last Monday in May. We traveled from our hometown to a nearby county to watch a high school baseball game. We made the 20-mile trek in an hour and forty-five minutes. It was great! We talked my uncle in to picking us up with his truck so we wouldn’t have to ride back home, which made the ride even better. I took an extra sense of pride away from completing those 20-miles without even tying up my long brown hair. Definitely a memorable experience.
I’ve thrown together a Poolside Workout you can try while lounging and playing near water this summer:
- Warm Up: Stretch & Swim 2 Easy Laps
- Leg Lifts in water (20-50 each)
- Calf Raises in water (100, 50, 50)
- Free Style Swim End to End, 25 Crunches/Sit-Ups on Land (10x)
- Tricep Dips Pool Side (25)
- Back Stroke Swim End to End, 25 Push-Ups on Land (10x)
- Medicine Ball: Squat & lift off shallow end pool floor (25x)
- Cool Down: Swim 2 Easy Laps & Stretch
During the month of June, Subway is offering $2 Meatball marinara and Cold Cut Combo 6-inch sub sandwiches. Valid at participating locations.