This is the 16th Week of my ‘Get Fit Friday’ series and I personally have hit a wall. How have you been doing on your health & fitness goals?
Most weight loss programs suggest that you seriously track your eating and exercise routines for at least 20 weeks to see actual, lasting results. Typically, when I begin or restart my exercise routines, I map out 20 weeks on my calendar. I set goals for these weeks and plan incentives for every 4 or 5 weeks.
I’m assuming almost everyone has these “down times” like I have been experiencing recently. With additional stress and spring break behind me I have avoided the gym for too long this time. So today for Get Fit Friday I am revisiting my goals and mapping out my next 20 weeks! This should put me in great shape just in time for my college graduation toward a Health & Fitness degree from Purdue University.
In addition to mapping the 20 weeks and revisiting my goals, I like to take extra time to think about what motivates me. I use very personal internal motivators to keep me going back to the gym. Sometimes I gain extra motivation from observing others or from things I see around me, but I am very certain that if I truly want to change or make improvements in my life, the continuous inspiration must come from within. What motivates you?
Although I feel bad for the weeks I took off, I’m not going to hold it against myself because that will only put me back further. Today I’m going to go outside and enjoy a long run.
Get Fit Deals:
- Weight Watchers Magazine – $3.99 with Coupon Code: WEIGHT. Free Shipping.
- iPod Nano 8GB 5th Generation (Refurbished)– $99 + Free Shipping. Shop through Shop At Home to earn 1% cash back!
- Personalized Toy Story Beach Towel– $12
- Wide-Mouth Bean Canteen, 40 oz. – $9.99 (Shop LL Bean through Shop At Home to earn 2% cash back!)
- Bowflex Revolution XP Home Gym– $999 with Coupon Code: W15TFSXPA. Free Shipping. (Shop Bow Flex through Shop At Home to earn 3.5% cash back!)