Hi! ‘Tis the season to be fit! Working on your improving your overall health and fitness? BargainBriana: Kilah (that’s me) wants to help! This is the first of a series of posts on health and fitness called “Get Fit Friday.”
What was your New Year’s Resolution? Time.com mentions that getting in shape is one of the Top 10 Commonly Broken New Years Resolutions. Why? You already know the answer to that question. We get busy, tired, lazy, and where I’m from we just get too cold!
After a few years of exercising on my own I now realize that busy, tired, lazy, etc. are all just excuses. Now trust me, even thought I realize these excuses I still use them occasionally, but I never feel very good about it. I would rather just go. I finally understand that if I want to lose weight, eat better, or exercise more I need to make it a priority in my life. Do you make your overall health and fitness a priority in your life? Sometimes it may seem selfish to go to the gym every day or request certain foods, but that’s a measure you’ll have to weigh personally. Honestly, what’s your health worth?
My suggestion to you this week is to get down to the basics with your exercise routine. Just DO IT! Maybe it’s not your ideal situation- in a gym, with your favorite equipment, with good shoes, but those are all excuses too. Tonight, write down your health and fitness goals. Then, think about the specific steps you are willing to take to achieve those goals. Come up with a simple way to track your progress. Also consider potential ‘excuses’ and decide how you are going to reduce or eliminate those excuses, if you can. Be realistic, keep it simple, and always remain positive. If overall health is your ultimate goal and you’re trying, then you’re always winning!
Get Fit Items:
- The Good Mood Diet: Feel Great While You Lose Weight- $7.78 on Amazon
- Lose it!- Free app for the iPhone
- Weight Watchers- Join Free in Janauary
- YogaAccessories (TM) Yoga Balance Ball with Pump- $10.99-$19.99 on Amazon
- Slim-Fast 3-2-1 Plan, Ready To Drink Shake, Rich Chocolate Royale, 11-Ounce Cans- $19.92 on Amazon
- Women’s NewBalance 1870 Toning Sneakers $16.79 with code: NEWKICKS (Shop through Ebates to earn 5% cash back!)
- Target Women’s Activewear Sale