Are you a pumpkin lover? (Aren’t we all around this time of year?) If so, today’s recipe is for you! Bursting with real pumpkin flavor, this Pumpkin Pudding Recipe makes a smooth and creamy dessert that no pumpkin lover will be able to resist. It is definitely worth the time it takes to make this DIY pumpkin spice instant pudding mix from scratch (which really isn’t that long at all).
While I’m definitely not one to turn down store-bought pudding, it’s always fun to make your own homemade pudding recipe when you have the time. It really isn’t difficult, and this DIY pumpkin spice instant pudding mix recipe is the perfect recipe to try. Simply whisk together the ingredients according to the instructions below, bring to a boil, and allow the end result to chill in the refrigerator once you’ve followed all the steps.
If your family is carving jack-o-lanterns this year, save the insides for this recipe. There’s no reason to waste all that yummy pumpkin when you can turn it into something so delicious. Frugal and yummy–that’s a win in my book!
Whether you want something sweet to savor slowly or something cold to grab real fast in between activities, this Pumpkin Pudding recipe makes for a delightful pumpkin treat. Be sure to save this homemade pudding recipe so you can make your own Pumpkin Pudding this year. You’ll be glad you did!
- 2 tbsp Cornstarch
- 6 tbsp Sugar
- 1¾ cup Milk
- 1 Egg
- ½ cup Pumpkin Puree
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- ½ tsp Cinnamon
- dash Salt
- dash Nutmeg
- Whisk together egg and milk in a bowl. Set aside.
- Whisk together sugar and cornstarch in a medium pan over medium heat.
- Slowly add milk egg mixture to pan, stirring constantly.
- Bring to a boil and cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Gradually add pumpkin mixture to pan, whisking constantly until belnded.
- Return pan to low heat and cook for 3-4 minutes until heated throughout, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat, transfer to serving dishes and refrigerate to chill.
- Serve with a dollop of whipped cream or whipped topping.