Did you know you don’t even have to own a reading device to be able to take advantage of all the free book downloads. Amazon offers FREE reading apps for iPhone, Windows PC, Mac, Blackberry, iPad, Android, and Windows Phone 7. Nook also offers FREE reading apps for iPad, iPhone, Android, PC, and Mac. I like to have my books with me at all times for those lull times when waiting at an appointment.
The books can get expensive. However, there are ways you can read books for FREE on your devices or apps.
- Borrow eBooks from your library. Many libraries now have programs where you can read borrow books online with your library card. Check our your specific library for more information.
- Borrow from a Friend. I recently lent a book to a friend who was asking on Facebook through Amazon Digital services. It was a book I had purchased several months ago. She has 14 days to read it and I won’t be able to access it while she has it borrowed.
- Swap at sites like BookLending.com and eBookFling.com.
- Search sites like Barnes & Noble and Amazon with “0.00” to find free books. Amazon also lists their top 100 FREE Kindle books daily.
- Public domain books including many classics are always free. Many eReaders come pre-loaded with a selection.
- Amazon now has a FREE Lending Library when you have a Amazon Prime Account. They are offering a FREE one month trial for this service.
- Check out the Bargain Briana App for iPhone or Android phone for a special FREE Book Downloads section.