When looking for ideas for fall slow cooker freezer meals I immediately thought- maple, and knew it had to be included in the rotation in some form. Then I remembered that pork is fantastic with any kind of sweet flavor added to it , pork chops and applesauce anyone? I added bacon because well…bacon, nuff said. The flavors come together well in this main dish and makes a great recipe for Sunday company or after a Tuesday football practice. Easy to prep and to cook these recipes in the Freezer Slow Cooker Series are sure to become some of your favorite meals in the dinner rotation.
- 3 lb. pork loin
- 4-5 strips bacon
- ¾ cup maple syrup
- 3 T. spicy brown mustard
- 2 T. apple cider vinegar
- 1 T. soy sauce
- 1 ½ tsp. diced garlic
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- Label gallon freezer bag with contents, date, and cooking instructions.
- Pour maple syrup, brown mustard, apple cider vinegar, garlic, soy sauce, and black pepper into gallon freezer bag-whisk well to combine.
- Begin at one end and tightly wrap in bacon, continuing to the other end.
- Place prepared pork loin in gallon bag.
- Press air from bag and seal.
- Coat slow cooker well with nonstick cooking spray, you could also use a slow cooker liner bag to make clean up super simple.
- Place thawed pork loin into bottom of slow cooker, pour any marinade left in the bag over the pork to coat.
- Cook on low for 6-7 hours.
Serve with mashed potatoes and your family’s favorite green vegetable for a delicious and full meal.