When shopping VitaCost recently, I purchased Bob’s Red Mill black bean flour thinking it was very interesting and I would make my own black bean tortillas. Have you used your $10 off $10 coupon code for VitaCost yet?
- Simmer tomato sauce, seasonings, and water for about 5 minutes.
- Combine the black bean flour and cook for an additional minute.
- Then add the pinto beans, black beans, and the hot sauce and cook for several more minutes.
- Place a little sauce in the bottom of your 9" x 13" baking dish.
- Layer 3-4 tortillas and top with cheese.
- Repeat sauce, cheese, and tortilla layers until the pan is full.
- Top with additional cheese on top.
- Bake at 400 degrees for about 30 minutes or until bubbly.
- Serve with shredded lettuce and chopped tomatoes.
Post Dinner Analysis
Freeze before or after cooking.
Meat it Up
Add chicken or ground beef.
Adapted from the Bob’s Red Mill Easy Cheesy Enchiladas Recipe
Meatless Mondays is a weekly feature which will showcase some of my hits and probably misses with living a meatless life. Many of you know I stopped eating meat about a year ago for personal reasons. While, I haven’t had any desire to go back to eating meat, it has been a struggle to find healthy foods to eat.
Everywhere you go, meat is the main dish. Since I was new to this lifestyle, it led me to eating unhealthy options. I’m on a path now to cook healthier options at home without meat. While going meatless is a personal choice for me, you can still save money by having one meatless meal a week.
Will you join me on this journey by preparing one meatless dish every week?
If you have any questions about the vegetarian lifestyle, you can read more about it at GoVeg.com.