Kate from CouponCravings.com has offered to take over Meatless Monday this week! This recipe looks delicious and I love a quick and easy dip recipe to pair with Tastefully Simple Beer Bread!
If you are looking for a meatless appetizer, this one hits the spot! Spinach and Artichoke Dip is so versatile, since it can be served cold, hot, with veggies, on top of toasted baguettes, or with tortilla chips for dipping. And, that’s not it, there are dozens of other options as well!
Plus, it’s a great last minute item to bring to a potluck or card club!
Here are the ingredients you’ll need for this fabulous, creamy, amazing Spinach and Artichoke Dip:
- 1 & 1/2 cups parmesan cheese
- 1 box frozen spinach (thawed and drained*)
- 1 (14 oz.) jar chopped artichoke hearts
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 1 (8 oz.) block cream cheese (softened)
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 cloves garlic (or 2 tsp. garlic powder)
First things first, here’s my tip for thawing and draining spinach*:
Release corners of the box of spinach and set the box of spinach tipped on the side of a bowl.
Microwave for about 2 minutes. All of the juice will drain in to the bowl and your spinach will be thawed.
Next, combine the spinach, parmesan cheese and artichoke hearts in a medium size bowl.
Mix well to combine flavors.
Add the softened cream cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise and garlic.
Stir to evenly distribute all the flavors. Put all ingredients in to a 1 1/2 quart oven-safe dish and bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes.
Kate Sorensen of Coupon Cravings lives in Iowa with her husband and two kids, ages 4 1/2 and 1. She has been a devoted frugal shopper and frugal cook for years. Kate enjoys making appetizers that include items that she can use a coupon on while at the same time, making food that tastes great and doesn’t break the bank. Today, she has shared one of her favorite “meatless appetizer recipes” with us.
- 1 - 1½ cups Parmesan Cheese
- 1 box frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 jar or can (14 oz) chopped artichoke heart
- ⅔ cup sour cream
- 8 ounce cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 2 cloves garlic or 2 tsp garlic powder
- Combine spinach, parmesan cheese, and artichoke hearts in a medium sized bowl.
- Mix well to combine flavors.
- Add the softened cream cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise and garlic.
- Stir to evenly distribute all the flavors.
- Put all ingredients in to a 1½ quart oven-safe dish and bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes.
Meatless Mondays is a weekly feature which will showcase some of my hits and probably misses with living a meatless life. Many of you know I stopped eating meat about a year ago for personal reasons. While, I haven’t had any desire to go back to eating meat, it has been a struggle to find healthy foods to eat.
Everywhere you go, meat is the main dish. Since I was new to this lifestyle, it led me to eating unhealthy options. I’m on a path now to cook healthier options at home without meat. While going meatless is a personal choice for me, you can still save money by having one meatless meal a week.
Will you join me on this journey by preparing one meatless dish every week?
If you have any questions about the vegetarian lifestyle, you can read more about it at GoVeg.com.