(Photo Credit: Sofia)
I have been slacking off my coupon shopping lately. However, we were completely out of dish washing liquid so it was time to start back up again. Seriously, no way will I pay full price for Dawn. Desperate meaning adding water to the bottle of dish soap hoping to get a few more suds out of it…for the past week….
I think my first trip for a few weeks went well – 96% savings! I did have a couple of FREE product coupons from different Facebook promotions that I needed to use which helped boost my savings a bit. They were going to expire soon so I needed to use those.
Here’s My Shopping Details:
(3) Dawn @ $0.99/each
(1) Nivea Lip Balm @ $2
(2) Hershey’s Simple Pleasures @ $3/each
(1) Aussie Conditioner @ $3.50
(1) Colgate Total Advanced @ $2.99
– $3.50 Aussie Conditioner Coupon (Facebook promotion – no longer available)
– $3.99 Nivea Lip Balm Coupon (Facebook promotion – no longer available)
– (2) $2/1 Hershey’s Simple Pleasures from 8/19/2012 SS Insert (exp 9/30/2012)
– (2) $0.50/1 Dawn Dish Liquid from 8/26/2012 P&G Insert (exp 9/30/2012)
– (1) $0.75/1 Dawn Dish Liquid Hand Renewal from 8/26/2012 P&G Insert (exp 9/30/2012)
– $1/1 Colgate Total Advanced Toothpaste from 9/9/2012 SS Insert (exp 9/30/2012)
– $2 Extra Bucks from previous purchase
Out of pocket – $1.13 + Sales Tax
Earned $2 Extra Bucks to use on next purchase! (from the Colgate purchase)!
Also, the Nivea is a Extra Bucks Qualifier. I need to buy $8 more of Nivea to get $3 Extra Bucks. I will have to search for more coupons and try to finish this one up. The boys could always use body wash and such. Though, the body wash containers are taller than my normal body washes and don’t fit properly on my shelves. Haha! I received a $3 off any CVS Body Wash brand CVS coupon – up to $3 value. After looking online, I see some of the varieties starting around $3.35 so I can score a good deal with that too.
NOTE: If you want to scan your card at the magic scanner, you must have your actual card. You get more coupons that way. However, I only had my CardStar app, which will NOT scan at the magic scanner….bummer! Hopefully, I remember next time and
YMMV on the free product coupons taking off on the regular price or the price after Extra Care card savings…I got lucky this time and mine rang up on the price before the card savings. You can’t always count on that though.
My daughter insisted on taking the picture as soon as she noticed I was lining up my purchases. Thought I should give her proper credit. She did a fantastic job as my photography assistant and I didn’t even buy her anything at the store….though, she is claiming the Hershey’s Simple Pleasures as her own.
Find more CVS Weekly Deals here.