Yes, there is a Santa Claus and the U.S. Postal Service call help you prove it when Santa replies to your child’s letter to Santa – complete with a North Pole Postmark.
Here are the steps for your child to get a letter back from Santa:
- Have your child write a letter to Santa and seal it in an envelope addressed to: Santa Claus, North Pole.
- Tell your child that you’ll place a stamp on the envelope and mail it to St. Nick for him or her.
- Later, when alone, open the envelope, read the letter and write Santa’s response on the back of the child’s letter. Have Santa write: “It’s important to be green and save paper. That’s why I’m writing on the back.”
- When responding as Santa, reference your child’s accomplishments not included in his or her letter, i.e., Santa is so proud that you volunteered to help ____, or Santa is really impressed with the great job you’re doing in school — especially with math, etc. Sign it Santa Claus with a P.S. to get to bed early Christmas Eve.
- Place the letter into a new envelope addressed to the child at his or her home. Be sure to include: Santa Claus, North Pole, as the return address on the envelope. Don’t forget to apply a First-Class stamp — such as a recently issued Santa or Rudolph Forever stamp.
- Place the stamped envelope in a larger envelope (or Priority Mail envelope) with adequate postage addressed to:
NORTH POLE HOLIDAY POSTMARK
4141 POSTMARK DR
ANCHORAGE AK 99530-9998
- Letters from Santa must be received by the Anchorage, AK, Postmaster no later than Dec. 15, 2014.
- The Anchorage Postmaster will open the envelope, remove Santa’s letter addressed to your child, apply the North Pole postmark and mail it back home.
- When Santa’s letter arrives, have your camera ready when you ask your child to open the letter and read it to you.
- Share the photos on Twitter and Facebook using the hashtag #SantaLetters. Keep the letters and the photos in a scrapbook as a great family keepsake.
The Letters to Santa program adds to the excitement of Christmas and is perfect for interesting youngsters in letter writing.
Want to save loads of money this holiday season? Find the latest holiday deals I’ve posted about. You can also check out the Hot Holiday deals, Giveaways, Online Coupon Code Database, and my Holiday Gift Guide. These pages are being updated often.