The beginning of the summer marks an exciting time for many. The weather is awesome for being outdoors and the kids are out of school. The end of the school year, whether it be just for summer or because of graduation, is a great time to celebrate. To make your grad feel special without breaking your budget, consider these savvy spending tips:
- Celebrate with a dinner party or an outdoor BBQ. Make your graduate feel special by hosting a dinner in his or her honor. You don’t have to spend a lot of money to throw a great party when you use a few creative budget party food ideas. With some preparation, you can throw a fete that is worthy of a Pinterest pin with a small budget. Consider asking close friends and family to bring an item and make it a pitch-in dinner.
- Give cash gift. If you are unsure of needed items for your graduate, consider giving a cash gift. I’m a money gift giver for graduates and cards can get pricey. Consider buying an inexpensive frame and print out “In a Emergency Break Glass” along with a cash denomination of your choosing. This makes a fun and unique way to give cash. I found this cute idea on Pinterest.
- Pick out a gift that suits their style. Gifts are a great way to reward and recognize a graduate for all of their hard work towards school. The special gifts often become keepsake items. Gifts can be anything from a beautiful bouquet of flowers, brand new computer, or household items to help them start their life on their own. Discover cardmembers can earn between 5 and 20% Cashback Bonus by simply logging into the Online Account Center and making a purchase through ShopDiscover.
This graduation season, Discover cardmembers can earn extra Cashback Bonus. The online merchants below are currently offering the following rewards:
- JCPenney, Bloomingdales: 10% Cashback Bonus for online purchases
- Finish Line: 15% Cashback Bonus for online purchases
- Fossil: 15% Cashback Bonus for online purchases
- Toshiba: 10% Cashback Bonus for online purchases
- Teleflora: 20% Cashback Bonus for online purchases
How do you celebrate big occasions on a budget?
My views are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of Discover Products Inc. and its affiliates. This post was sponsored by Discover Card. Rest assured, this Post was written by me and was not edited by the sponsor. Read more on my Disclosure Policy.