During the holidays, it can be hard to stick on your normal sleep and naptime routine when busy visiting with friends and families. Here’s a few tips from Kim West, aka The Sleep Lady®, to help you create a calming bedtime routine, which is especially important during the hectic holidays.
Keep to your child’s regular bedtime as much as possible. A later night here and there isn’t as problematic as multiple late nights especially if combined with skipped naps.
- Be flexible with a nap schedule. If traveling in a car for a few hours, it may be easier on everyone if your little one sleeps right through the trip. Try to get back to your hotel (or relatives’ home) to have an early bedtime. Remember, a well-rested child is better behaved and more adaptable to all the changes and new people they will meet while away.
- It’s always best for baby to sleep in one place while you’re away. Choose the home of one set of grandparents/relatives as a “base camp” and arrange to have relatives come there to visit your little one. You can carefully explain to all concerned why your baby needs this, and to avoid bruised feelings, let all concerned know that the other grandparents/relatives would be the “base” for the next visit.
- When traveling with your child, bring comfort items. Always bring along the lovey and pack a night-light. Since there’s no such thing as traveling lightly with a small child, go ahead and take along favorite books and toys.
Cloud B takes kids from playtime to bedtime with an enhanced Bluetooth-enabled Twilight favorite that enables access to personal music libraries to create customized lullabies for the sleep soothing Twilight Turtle.
- For the first time, Cloud b offers the award-winning Twilight Turtle with a sound option along with the original soothing starlight projections.
- Parents can create their own lullabies with a downloadable app and stream their creations through the turtle from their iOS device via Bluetooth technology to soothe their babies to sleep.
- Premium app at $1.99 allows parents to access personal music libraries and/or record their own voice or song to combine in the mix.
- Free version of the app available with set playlist of songs and sounds.
cloud b® Smart Sensor Nighty Night Owl/All ages/ $29.99 (Sold Exclusively at Bed Bath & Beyond)
This cute and cuddly owl features cloud b® Smart Sensor technology to respond when your baby vocalizes. It plays soothing sounds and includes three sound sensitivity levels to adjust the sensor to environmental noise.
Follow Cloud B on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and YouTube to keep up to date with all the latest information. Be sure to check out the Cloud b Sleep Deprived Moms Giveaway through December 15, 2013.
How would you like to win? One lucky Bargain Briana reader will win a Nighty Night Owl and the Twilight Turtle Tunes!
How to Win?
Enter via the Giveaway Tools Widget Below
**If you are reading in an email or a feed reader, you must click over to enter this giveaway. Entries via email are not accepted.
Giveaway ends on Wednesday, November 27, 2013 at 3 p.m. EST.
Winner will be chosen by random. Be sure firstname.lastname@example.org is in your safe sender list as you don’t want to miss the email if you are the chosen winner. U.S. Entries only. Alternate entry: Mail a postcard with the giveaway you are entering along with your name, address, and email to PO Box 14, Tipton, IN 46072.
**Please note: The companies have 6-8 weeks to ship prizes.
This giveaway was sponsored as part of the Win Giveaways Holiday Giveaway Bash. This Post was written by me and was not edited by the sponsor. Read more on my Disclosure Policy. Find more information on the terms for this giveaway on the Win Giveaways Facebook page.
You have more chances to win by entering on the following blogs:
- Balancing Beauty and Bedlam
- Bargain Babe
- Frugal Coupon Living
- Moms Need to Know
- Saving Cents with Sense
- Savings Lifestyle
- Stretching a Buck
- The Happy Housewife
- $5 Dinner Mom
Check back throughout the week for more Giveaways! Good Luck!