Do you consume a daily soda? Did you know that purchasing just one 32-ounce soda per day can cost you up to $420 per year? That’s a car payment, college rent, a heat bill, gas in the tank or spending cash! That’s the cost before adding travel and precious time costs. If you are looking to cut costs this holiday season, the answer may be in your soda consumption. Here’s a breakdown of the costs associated with fountain drink spending:
Local Gas Station – $0.85 per 32oz Fountain Soda
- One Week: (1) $5.97 (2) $11.90 (3) $17.85
- One Month: (1) – $23.80 (2) $47.60 (3) $71.40
- One Year: (1)- $285.60 (2/day) $571.20 (3) $856.80
Local Competitor – $1.25 per 32oz Fountain Soda
- One Week: (1) $8.75 (2) $17.50 (3) $26.25
- One Month: (1) $35.00 (2) $70.00 (3) $105.00
- One Year: (1) $571.20 (2) $840.00(3) $1,260.00
- SodaStream Pure Black/Stainless Home Soda Maker Starter Kit as low as $129 (Walmart.com)!
- SodaStream Diet Cola Sodamix, 500 ml $4.98 – makes 33 cans of soda (12fl oz/each) about (12) 32oz drinks = ONLY $0.42 each!
We tried our SodaStream at my Grandma’s Thanksgiving yesterday and I was surprised by how easy it was to assemble and make! I was counting on this to be a sort of entertainment project, but it only lasted a few minutes. Of course, a Purdue alum, doctorate student, and master’s degree holder were the ones to take over assembly, but I think anyone could have put it together. Once it was set up (less than 10 minutes) it was even easier to create the drinks. Special thanks to my family for participating!
First, we tried diet lemon iced tea. It was decent. Then we tired Dr. Pete. Dr. Pete tasted just like Dr. Pepper! After that we made Cola and it tasted just like RC-Cola. We later tried Ginger Ale and may have added a spiked ingredient to the mix- it tasted great! Then Julian, 12, made Cranberry-Raspberry. She wasn’t too fond on the drink, but the adults and I liked it. Lastly, Julian mixed Lemon-Lime and Cranberry-Raspberry and she said that tasted great. Overall, we felt like scientists and enjoyed using our SodaStream!
My final thoughts on the SodaStream:
- Easy to use
- Great for kids or grandparents
- Great for Condo’s or RV’s
- Good for mixed drinks
- Tastes like off-brand soda – mostly good
- Saves money & time
- Entertaining, somewhat
- Slim for easy fit in the kitchen, sharp design
- Less calories per serving
- Decent alternative to fountain drinks
- Tons of different flavors, mix & match opportunities
This post was sponsored by the Soda Stream company. Products were provided to compensate this post. Rest assured, this Post was written by me and was not edited by the sponsor. Read more on my Disclosure Policy.