Stir Frys and other Asian dishes make for a perfect freezer meal for busy families- easy, quick cooking, and loaded with delicious flavors and texture so I was sure to add one to this Slow Cooker Freezer Series. But when you want something a little different in a freezer meal than the usual Asian dish then Sticky Chicken is a delicious and more unique alternative. It is wonderful over rice and noodles, it will please even your pickiest eater with it’s sweet and flavorful taste. Adjust the garlic and ginger amounts to suit your taste, I like mine with lots of garlic so I usually add a bit extra. The family enjoys this one so much I usually make a double batch for the freezer so we can have it at least twice within a month or so.
- 1 ½ lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breast
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup water
- 2 tsp. ginger
- 1 ½ tsp. crushed garlic
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- Label gallon freezer bag with contents, directions, and date.
- Chop chicken into small bite sized pieces.
- *Tip- slightly frozen chicken slices easily
- Place diced chicken in gallon freezer bag.
- Pour honey, soy sauce, ginger,water, crushed garlic, and black pepper on top of chicken.
- Seal bag, pressing flat and pushing all air out.
- Generously coat slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray.
- Pour contents of thawed bag into slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 5-6 hours.
- Serve over rice or noodles and sprinkle with sesame seeds to serve.
View the Recipe Index for a complete list of recipes. For the most recent vegetarian recipes posted on the blog, go here. To view all the recipes post on the blog, go here.