Part IIb of my series Ways to Earn/Save Money with Amazon – to coincide with my $25 Amazon Gift Card Giveaway – Be Sure to Enter every day for a chance to win!!! (Ends 8/31)
- Part I: Amazon Affiliates
- Part: IIa: Shopping for the best deals at Amazon
- Part IIb: Price Protection
- Part IIc: Shipping & Amazon Prime
- Part III: Selling on Amazon
- Part IV: Extra Tips & Tricks
Amazon’s site does not loudly proclaim this policy but they do have a price protection policy. Amazon does not price match other websites BUT they will refund you the difference if the price drops on their website in within 30 days of purchase.
Amazon.com’s prices for released items will change from time to time based on a variety of factors. If Amazon.com’s price for an already-released item decreases within 30 days after we ship the item to you, we’ll be glad to refund the difference in price if you contact us within that 30-day period. Please click the Contact Us button on the right side of this page, and be sure to have your order number handy so we can assist you.
This Post-Order Price Guarantee is subject to the following restrictions:
- Price guarantee request must be received within 30 days of the date the item was shipped to you.
- Applies only to items sold by Amazon.com, and not to items (or prices) offered by other sellers on our site.
- Item prices that are affected by a promotion such as “Buy one, get one free” are not eligible, unless the same promotion is also offered at the lower price.
- The price of an item after rebate is not considered to be the Amazon.com price.
Last Holiday Season, I took full advantage of this policy and save myself a few bucks in the process. Now for the trick….who has time to sit around and make sure the price hasn’t changed? Not I. So I use Price Protectr. All you have to do copy (ctrl c) and paste (ctrl v) the url of the item you purchased, click “Look it Up”. Then compare the price that comes up to the price you paid, if it is correct, enter your email address and click “Start Protecting.”
You can now sit back and relax while Price Protectr does all the work! They will notify you if the price changes on Amazon within 30 days via email. You can then contact Amazon and ask for a refund. Do note, you can only request one price adjustment per item and the price could fluctuate even more during the time period. Price Protectr also has a nifty Firefox Toolbar you can download. (They price protect other stores than Amazon…so browse around!)