I’ll admit it. I like to use canned chicken when in a time crunch. :) This is something we usually have 1-2 on hand for those nights when we don’t have time to cook chicken. Plus, I don’t feel as guilty when I use a quality brand like Swanson Premium Chunk chicken. Why?
- It is made with only white chicken breast.
- No preservatives or artificial flavors.
- It is fully cooked and cut into pieces. (time saver!)
- It is certified by the American Heart Association.
Here’s the recipe for yummy Buffalo Chicken Dip (pictured above):
1 pkg. (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
2 cans (9.75 oz each) Swanson Premium Chunk Chicken Breast, drained
½ cup Frank’s RedHot Sauce
½ cup blue cheese salad dressing
½ cup crumbled blue cheese
Assorted fresh vegetables and/or crackers
Stir cream cheese in 9″ deep dish pie plate until smooth. Stir in remaining ingredients. Bake at 350°F. for 20 min. until hot and bubbling. Stir. Serve with vegetables and crackers.
- Substitute ranch dressing for blue cheese dressing and shredded cheddar cheese for blue cheese crumbles.
- Make it tailgate friendly – prepare ahead of time and transport in a disposable heavy foil pan. When you get to the tailgate heat it on a grill and serve nice and hot!
- Make this in the microwave by heating it on high for 5 minutes instead of baking
- Keep it warm in a crockpot or slow cooker
For more great recipes like the one above, visit Kaitlin @Entertaining Escapades.
Swanson has been kind enough to send some coupons my way! Guess what that means? 6 lucky readers will get (10) coupons Good on ANY Swanson Premium Chunk Chicken (up to $3.99 value). These babies don’t expire until 12/31/2010 so you will have plenty of time to use them or share them with a friend!
How to Win?
Easy Entry: Leave me a comment with your favorite snack or appetizer!
Bonus entries (Up to 4 additional entries):
- Blog about this giveaway.
- Grab my button. (It is on my sidebar)
- Subscribe to my free newsletter via email or RSS. (You don’t want to miss out on any deals/giveaways!!!)
- Digg, Technorati, Twitter, Stumble, etc. If you twitter, be sure to include me (@bargainbriana) in the twitter so it see it.
Leave a separate comment for each extra entry. It is very important that you leave a separate comment for each additional extra entry.
Ends February 13th around 8am EST. (As long as you can still comment you can enter!) Winner, chosen by random.org, will be announced by 2/13/09 and I will contact you to get you set up online. (If winner doesn’t respond to my email within 48 hours, I will pick another winner.)