Have you tried Old London Toast, Bagel Chips, or Melba Snacks? These crackers are a delicious healthy alternative to other snack crackers. Thanks to Old London, I was able to try several flavors of Old London Melba Snacks this week! I tried flavors:
- Garlic & Herb Bagel Chips
- Sea Salt Melba Snacks
- Salt & Pepper Melba Snacks
- Rosemary & Olive Oil Melba Toast
I first paired the Garlic & Herb with our favorite French Onion Dip from the deli at our local White’s Meat Market. It tasted amazing! That combination was definitely worth the bad breath! :) This is a good lunch-time snack or party favor idea. You can find several more ideas from this Old London Snacking Recipe chart. I think the Old London Rye with Melba Toast and salmon or Old London French Onion Bagel chips with egg salad will be the next snacking recipe I would like to try!
I didn’t care much for the Salt & Pepper, but a couple of my family members tried it and they said it tasted good.
Last night we attempted this recipe:
- 20 Old London Sea Salt Melba Snacks, ground fine in food processor
- 1 lb. Shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 Eggs, whites and yolks separated
- 1 tbsp. Heavy cream
- 2 ribs Green celery, diced small
- 1 bunch Chives, minced
- 1 cup Flour
- 2 cups Olive oil
- 1 pinch Cayenne pepper
- Salt, to taste
- In a food processor, pulse the shrimp, egg whites, and cream until combined but still chunky. Add the chives, celery, and cayenne pepper. Form the shrimp paste into small balls. Dredge the balls in flour, then into the beaten yolks, and then into the ground Melba Snacks.
- Heat the olive oil in a heavy skillet. When hot, add the shrimp balls and cook until well browned. Remove from the pan and transfer to a paper towel. Season with salt. Serve immediately.
I was a little worried that the recipe would be difficult, but it turned out great. It actually wasn’t difficult at all. Our recipe didn’t turn out quite as pretty as the featured picture. The next dinner recipe I hope to try is the
Melba Mixed Berry-Lime Trifle. I love strawberries and raspberries so I’m guessing I would really enjoy it. , but it fit to taste. We used fresh shrimp from Gulf Shores, Alabama. Our shrimp fritters did not last long! They were great.
Want to win an Old London Prize Pack for you and your family? This prize pack would be perfect for any get-together, lunchtime snacks, creating your own dinner recipes, or just to have! Now one lucky BargainBriana reader will win this Old London Melba Snacks Prize Pack (ARV $50)! Enter below for your chance to win.
How to Win?
Giveaway ends on Thursday, September 20, 2012 at 12:01AM
Winner will be chosen by random. Be sure email@example.com is in your safe sender list as you don’t want to miss the email if you are the chosen winner. U.S. Entries only. Alternate entry: Mail a postcard with the giveaway you are entering along with your name, address, and email to PO Box 14, Tipton, IN 46072.
**Please note: The companies have 6-8 weeks to ship prizes.