I love the new Borders Kobo eReader. My experience with a eReader consists of another brand’s app on my iPhone, which I use all the time even with the teeny tiny little screen. So I’m thrilled to have something that is much easier on the eyes with 6″ of screen, which is still very light weight.
As I’ve said on here before, I’m a huge book lover so I was excited to try out the Kobo eReader. I really thought I would miss pages. Instead, I love the flexibility I know have because there aren’t pages to flop around. The Kobo eReader also has a quilted back to give you more of a traditional book reading feel.
Even more props to the traditional book feel is the cover of you books is always on your display even when it is turned off. This feature had me confused at first because I thought is it turned off or not.
A few of my favorite features:
- E Ink Technology: Quality printing with no backlight, glare, or reflection.
- Sync ‘n’ Read: Kobo eReader comes preloaded with the Borders eBook app for your desktop so you can shop for books, organize your library, or download content from your computer to your eReader. You will have to install software on your PC or Mac computer, which does take a little bit of time.
- Pictures: The Kobo eReader supports PDF files so you can view visuals in manga, graphic novels, and other illustrations.
- 1 GB Memory: Carry up to 1,000 titles with you or add an SD memory card for even more books
- Long Lasting Battery: Battery charge will last up to two weeks or approximately 8,000 pages before it needs to be recharged.
- Bluetooth Capability: Sync your Kobo eReader wirelessly with select smartphones and update your reading list wherever you are. You can download the iPhone app for free.
The Kobo eReader comes with 100 preloaded books. However, you can download over a million more public domain books for FREE. Often times these are classic books, which are perfect for college or high school students because these are the books are their reading lists.
It hasn’t been that long ago since I was in college and often times you are reading multiple books for different courses at one time. Having one product, like the Kobo eReader to haul around is much easier than carrying multiple books with you. Plus, when you sync to your smartphone, which we all have with us all the time, you can slip in a little extra reading when you are waiting in line or wherever!
You will need a Borders.com account to purchase and sync your eBooks with your eReader using the free Borders desktop app. I was able to seamlessly sync my iPhone app and the Kobo eReader device by connecting the Kobo device to my computer, opening the Borders app, updating library, and then syncing. It took me a little while to figure out how because I never read directions!
The main limitation I see with this book reader as with any of the book readers currently on the market is you can’t easily or legitimately transfer other book reader types to the device.
Kobo eReader is available for purchase in Borders stores on online at Borders.com for $149.99, which makes it an affordable eReader! Right now they are running a promotion where you can get a $20 Borders gift card and double Border’s Bucks with your Kobo Reader purchase!
How to Win?
Prize: Kobo eReader
You can enter up to 4 times with the following methods:
1. Leave a comment with your favorite book.
2. Become a Facebook Liker of Bargain Briana on Facebook.
3. Tweet the following on Twitter:
Win a Kobo eReader for Back to School via @bargainbriana http://bit.ly/abYOTK #wingiveaways
4. Subscribe to my free newsletter via email or RSS. You must confirm your email subscription for it to be a valid entry. If you are already a subscriber, leave a comment letting me know you are already subscribed.
Please leave a comment for each additional entry.
Winner will be chosen by random. Be sure firstname.lastname@example.org is in your safe sender list as you don’t want to miss the email if you are the chosen winner.
This giveaway was sponsored by Borders as part of Win Giveaways Back to School Bash. This Post was written by me and was not edited by the sponsor. Read more on my Disclosure Policy. Find more information on the terms for this giveaway on the Win Giveaways Facebook page.
You have more chances to win by entering on the following blogs:
Check back everyday throughout the day for more Giveaways! Good Luck!