Big Lots has recently announced a Price Promise.
If you find a lower price for an identical item at a competitor’s local store, Big Lots stores will match that price. The competitor’s item must be identical in all respects (e.g., the same brand, size, weight, quantity, color, flavor and model number) and have the exact same features, accessories and status (e.g., new or refurbished) as the Big Lots item. The item must be in stock at Big Lots and offered at the lower price by the competitor on the day you request the price match. To request a price match at the time that you purchase an item from Big Lots, notify the Big Lots associate when you check out and provide proof of the competitor’s item and price (e.g., ad or photo). To request a price match adjustment after you have purchased an item from Big Lots, you must provide a Big Lots associate with your Big Lots receipt and proof of the competitor’s item and price (e.g., ad or photo) within 30 days of the date on the Big Lots receipt. All available Big Lots discounts (coupons, rebates, promotions, offers, etc.) will be applied before calculating a price match. Big Lots reserves the right to verify competitor pricing and to limit or decline price matches. Decisions of Big Lots are final on all matters of interpretation, fact and procedure with respect to the Price Promise.
THE FOLLOWING ARE EXCLUDED FROM THE PRICE PROMISE:
- Pricing from online retailers other than amazon.com who do not operate physical retail stores under the same name (with other retailers’ online pricing based on the zip code for the Big Lots store at which the adjustment is being requested, as applicable);
- Pricing from third-party sellers on amazon.com;
- Pricing that includes preferred shopper or loyalty discounts, membership club savings, coupon discounts(whether offered by the retailer, the manufacturer or otherwise) and rebates (whether instant, mail-in or otherwise);
- Pricing based upon percentage-off or dollar-off promotions;
- Pricing from stores that charge a membership fee;
- Pricing from stores located, or online stores based, outside of the continental United States;
- Pricing involving bonus, free with purchase or bundled offers that require a customer to purchase multiple items to receive the discounted price;
- Offers involving gift cards;
- Pricing that results from a competitor matching or beating the price of Big Lots or another retailer;
- Pricing on clearance, closeout, used, previously owned, damaged, display or open package items;
- Highly promotional limited-time prices (e.g. Black Friday and “one day only” pricing);
- Pricing on items that are advertised as being available in limited quantities;
- Pricing involving going out of business sales or liquidations;
- Sales tax or sales tax promotions;
- Financing offers;
- Mail-in offers;
- Items purchased under a price hold contract or a competitor’s layaway;
- Pricing on services (such as assembly, delivery and warranties), rentals, milk, dairy products, eggs, gift cards; and
- Pricing that is the result of a misprint or typographical error.
*Exclusions and conditions apply.