The Dollar General Coupon Policy states that they accept manufacturer and Dollar General issued coupons, which includes internet printable coupons and paper coupons.
It is always good to print out the latest coupon policy and take it with you to the store.
The latest coupon policy update was on April 10, 2012:
Dollar General is pleased to accept Manufacturer’s Coupons and Dollar General Store Coupons at any of our more than 10,000 stores. These coupons come from a variety of sources, including, but not limited to, newspapers, magazines, print-at-home (internet), direct mail, product packaging, and in-store coupon boxes.
Our coupon requirements are as follows:
Dollar General accepts Manufacturer’s and Dollar General issued coupons (Including internet coupons) that meet these requirements:
- Coupons must be original (no photocopies)
- Coupons must have a scan-able barcode or valid promotion code
- Coupons must have a printed expiration date
- Coupons can be redeemed only for items sold at Dollar General, and can be redeemed only for the exact same item (package weight, size, etc.)
- Coupons for free items are only accepted if a purchase is required to get one free
- Maximum of two coupons per item. One coupon must be a Manufacturer’s Coupon and the second coupon must be a Dollar General Coupon as long as neither coupon states that it is not valid with other coupons
Dollar General will NOT accept coupons that:
- Are from other retailers
- Are expired
- Are internet coupons without a scan-able barcode and/or promotion code
- Contain the combination of an invalid barcode that won’t scan and promotion code that the register will not accept
- Are for “free” items, unless a purchase is required (i.e. Buy one get one free is acceptable)
- Do not have a “remit to:” address on the coupon
In addition:“Cash Back” will not be issued if the value of the coupon is greater than the purchase price of the item.
Find the latest Dollar General Deals here.
I love your site it is very useful for a newbie like me. Thank you for putting all this out here in plain English for us! :)