If you have a garden with an over abundance of zucchini, you may be wondering what else you can make your zucchini. This double chocolate zucchini bread is moist ad delicious. We’ve also replaced quite a bit of the oil with applesauce, which makes this healthier than your typical zucchini bread.
Chocolate lovers will love the double chocolate goodness in this zucchini bread. Sit back and slice up a piece of this healthy and delicious bread. You love chocolate chip bread – why not make them a little healthier without sacrificing the taste? This Zucchini Double Chocolate Bread is a great way to do just that!
- ¾ cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup applesauce
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 1¼ teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1½ cup shredded zucchini
- ½ cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine sugar, vegetable oil, and eggs in a large bowl. Mix until well blended.
- Stir in applesauce.
- Combine flour, cocoa, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt in a separate bowl. Add dry ingredients to the egg mixture.
- Stir in zucchini and chocolate chips.
- Pour into a lightly greased 9" x 5" loaf pan.
- Cook for 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Find more zucchini recipes here.