Functional Resistance training is a good way to tone and sculpt your body. Add this to your regular cardio routine and you will see some definite results. Functional resistance training is different than traditional resistance training like weight lifting because it forces your body to use more than just the immediate muscles being targeted during the exercise. Functional resistance training includes work with: stability balls, bosu balls, bands, weighted balls, etc. By adding 20-30 minutes of this type of exercise 2-3 days per week you can increase your functional strength making daily tasks easier to accomplish.
You can ask the fitness personel at your gym what options of functional resistance training are available to you.
Or you can view this youtube video to get great functional resistance exercises for beginners. Don’t forget you need the cardio as much as you need the functional resistance training so don’t just substitute this for something you were already doing. Stay positive! :)
Get Fit Deals:
- Basic Resistance Bands Exercise Fitness Workout Set $39.95
- SPRI ES502R Xertube Resistance Band with Door Attachment and Exercise Charts (Blue, Heavy) $11.54
- Set of 5 Source Premium Latex Resistance Exercise Bands Tubes Cords w/ Door Anchor and Exercise Manual. $21.95
- Women’s Running / Volleyball / Tennis Shirt by Sport Science – Sleeveless Cut Off $18.98
- Bella Womens Elastic Waistband Flare Leg Yoga Pants. 810 (small)
- Danskin Waist Trimmer Belt $11.18