One of the best and most commonly overlooked low-impact exercises is Yoga. Yoga can:
- Increase Balance and Flexibility
- Strengthen mind, body, and spirit
- Tone Muscles
This exercise can be practiced nearly anywhere and does not require any extra equipment. You can learn patience, focus, and how to target specific muscles with Yoga. There are several ways to practice Yoga. you may choose to practice this exercise alone, with a friend, or during a group exercise class. Group exercise classes are good ways to get feedback from the instructors and learn new techniques from friends. It can also be very motivating. Even though I would suggest trying Yoga in a group exercise setting, you can receive the same benefits by creating your own workouts at home. You may also be able to save money and reap the full benefits of this meditative exercise by trying it alone sometimes.
The Yoga Journal Online is a great source for adults to learn the basics, build a sequence, download practices, download meditations, download theraputical tips, and much more.
You and your children can also read up on Yoga for Teens by Teens Health.-
Get Fit Deals:
- YogaAccessories 1/4″ Extra Thick Deluxe Yoga Mat $20.95
- ToeSox Yoga-Pilates Toe Socks with Grips $14.99-$24.99
- Gaiam All Grip Yoga Socks Pink Dots, Small/Medium
- YogaColors Tri-Blend Light Weight Raglan Pullover $13.99-$19.95
Photo Credit: LuLuLeMonAthletica