This Cinnamon Banana Bread recipe is one that I made on my Freezer Cooking Day. I have adapted it slightly from Not Your Mother’s Make Ahead & Freeze Cookbook. Make ahead and freeze after cooking and cooling or use some ripe bananas! Makes a great breakfast, snack, or a dessert.
The instructions I’m providing is for one batch. If you want to double, triple, or quadruple for baking day, you can use this FREE online recipe conversion calculator.Print
- 1–1/2 bananas
- 1/3 cup + 2 teaspoons half and half
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/3 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/3 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Combine bananas, half & half, egg, and oil in bowl until smooth. I like to use my KitchenAid mixer for this type of job. Stir in brown sugar.
- In a separate bowl, combine all purpose flour, whole wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Slowly add the dry ingredient mixture to the wet ingredient mixture.
- Pour into a greased loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 1 hour.
- Cool completely.
Freezer Option: Wrap in plastic wrap after completely cooled and store in freezer. I like to use freezer bags for these jobs to save time!