This recipe was a hit at our household with the picky eaters! A few weeks ago, I picked up several packages of chicken breasts at nearly rock bottom price at $1.79/lb. I found a recipe from the Fix, Freeze, Feast cookbook that I modified for our family’s needs and what we had in the pantry. This is super simple, easy, and delicious according to my people!
I’m loving these mini-freezer sessions I’ve been having to fill our freezer with healthy meals that my family will love. It is looking like we are going to have a crazy busy Spring and Summer schedule so I’m trying to get prepared.
I used my favorite appliance – my Ninja Prep to finely ground my pecans but you can use any food processor.Print
Pecan-Crusted Chicken Tenders (Freezer Friendly)
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Total Time: 45 mins
- Yield: 3 Meals 1x
- Category: Entree
- 6 pounds chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- 2 cups honey
- 1 cup spicy brown mustard
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 3 cups panko bread crumbs
- 8 ounces pecans, finely ground
- 6 gallon freezer bags
- 3 one quart freezer bags
- Cut chicken into thin strips. Divide chicken into three of the gallon freezer bags.
- Mix honey, mustard, oil, salt, garlic, and pepper in a bowl. Divide evenly over chicken in freezer bags.
- Combine 1 cup panko and 1/2 cup pecans into a quart bag.
- Place chicken bag and crust bag into another gallon bag.
- Seal, label, and freeze.
- To Cook:
- Thaw in refrigerator.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Roll chicken in the crumbs and place on a greased cooking sheet.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink.
To maximize storage space, place into freezer bags and freeze flat.
I picked up several packages of this chicken at the nearly rock bottom price. I also have an order for pick up in April for just $1.79/lb with Zaycon Chicken. Check out Zaycon to see if they are coming to a city near you! It’s a great price for bulk meat purchases!
View the Recipe Index for a complete list of recipes. For the most recent vegetarian recipes posted on the blog, go here. To view all the recipes post on the blog, go here.
so the chicken is placed in two bags to be frozen? Is that to prevent freezer burn? Do u freeze the crumbs as well?
Use two bags because it is a lot of chicken! :) I freeze the crumbs too! Makes it very easy. Also, if you think your family eats smaller portions, you might break up the bags even further.