This recipe was a hit at our household with the picky eaters! A few weeks ago, I picked up several packages of chicken breasts at nearly rock bottom price at $1.79/lb. I found a recipe from the Fix, Freeze, Feast cookbook that I modified for our family’s needs and what we had in the pantry. This is super simple, easy, and delicious according to my people!
I’m loving these mini-freezer sessions I’ve been having to fill our freezer with healthy meals that my family will love. It is looking like we are going to have a crazy busy Spring and Summer schedule so I’m trying to get prepared.
I used my favorite appliance – my Ninja Prep to finely ground my pecans but you can use any food processor.
- 6 pounds chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- 2 cups honey
- 1 cup spicy brown mustard
- ¾ cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 3 cups panko bread crumbs
- 8 ounces pecans, finely ground
- 6 gallon freezer bags
- 3 one quart freezer bags
- Cut chicken into thin strips. Divide chicken into three of the gallon freezer bags.
- Mix honey, mustard, oil, salt, garlic, and pepper in a bowl. Divide evenly over chicken in freezer bags.
- Combine 1 cup panko and ½ cup pecans into a quart bag.
- Place chicken bag and crust bag into another gallon bag.
- Seal, label, and freeze.
- To Cook:
- Thaw in refrigerator.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Roll chicken in the crumbs and place on a greased cooking sheet.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink.
To maximize storage space, place into freezer bags and freeze flat.
I picked up several packages of this chicken at the nearly rock bottom price. I also have an order for pick up in April for just $1.79/lb with Zaycon Chicken. Check out Zaycon to see if they are coming to a city near you! It’s a great price for bulk meat purchases!