Of course, I made two batches of this recipe. One for the meat eaters and one for the vegetarians. One person in our household thinks this would be even better topped with a red enchilada sauce. It would probably give it a bit more of a kick!
- 8–12 ounce cream cheese
- 1 jar sliced pimento or 1 roasted red pepper
- 1/2 onion, diced (optional)
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 3 cups of shredded chicken OR 1 can of black beans
- Approx. 10 flour tortillas, 8″
- 4 ounces whipping cream
- 2 cups Authentic Mexican Cheese, shredded
- Heat cream cheese in a large skillet over medium-low heat.
- As it melts add the pimento (or red pepper), chili powder, and garlic salt.
- Then add either the cooked chicken or the black beans.
- If you want, you can also add a little shredded cheese to this mixture too.
- Put approximately 1/3 cup of the mixture into a tortilla. Roll up. Place in a slightly greased baking dish.
- When you have used all the mixture, brush with whipping cream, coating the edges completely.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake at 375 degrees for approximately 20 minutes.