- 5 lb Pork Spareribs (2 racks)
- 1 1/2 cup Applesauce
- 18 oz BBQ Sauce
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/4 cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 Onion, finely diced
- 1 Apple, cored and sliced
- Cut ribs into portion sized sections (about 3 ribs each)
- place ribs around sides and bottom of crock, meaty side toward toward to crock,
- SPread apple slices over ribs.
- Combine onion, applesauce, brown sugar, vinegar and 1/2 of BBQ sauce in blender.
- Pulse until blended.
- Pour sauce over ribs.
- Cook on high 5 hours, or on low for 8 hours, until ribs are tender.
- Remove from slow cooker and brush with remaining BBQ sauce.
- To get more crispy ribs, transfer ribes to foil line baking sheet and broil for several minutes.