Chili is a fall and winter staple in our house-easy to make, everybody loves it, and it fills you up good. But every now and then we feel the need to mix it up a little and introduce some new flavor- Taco Chili is a great way to get your chili fix with a fresh twist.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 can corn
- 1 can black beans
- 1 can kidney beans
- 28 oz. can diced tomatoes
- 14 oz. can tomato puree
- ½ onion, diced
- 2 packets taco seasoning mix
- Pre brown ground beef, drain all excess grease, cool to room temperature
- Label gallon freezer bag with contents, date, and cooking instructions
- Open and drain corn, kidney, and black beans- rinse and drain to reduce sodium if desired.
- Pour diced tomatoes, tomato puree, corn, kidney beans, onions, and black beans into bag.
- Add prepared and cooled ground beef and taco seasoning packets.
- Press air from bag and seal well.
- Thaw contents of bag -you don’t have to thaw completely, as long as it’s enough to break it up to put in slow cooker you will be good.
- Pour bag into slow cooker on low heat and cook for 7-8 hours.
- Top with sour cream and shredded cheese.
- Serve with several varieties of crackers or tortilla chips.
- This chili is also great served over a bowl of rice.