- 1 sleeve graham crackers (1 cup)
- 1 ¼ cups all purpose flour
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ½ cup brown sugar, packed
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
Directions for Jar Gift
- Break graham crackers up into large pieces and place in food processor or coffee grinder and process until crumbs are fine-almost like flour(or you can buy a box of crumbs in the baking aisle).
- In a medium bowl stir together all purpose flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Layer ingredients in quart mason jar in this order- flour mixture, graham cracker crumbs, granulated sugar, brown sugar, chocolate chips, marshmallows.
- Halfway through you will need to mash down your ingredients and again at the top, it is a tight fit. If you wish you can put marshmallows in a separate bag to avoid smashing them.
- To dress up my jar a little I wrapped the ring in twine, and cut a piece of patterned paper to the size of the lid. I wrote the baking directions on the back of the paper.
Directions for baking:
- Preheat oven to 350
- Combine jar contents with 1 ½ sticks of softened butter, 1 tsp. vanilla extract, and 1 egg.
- Drop heaping spoonfuls onto baking sheet 2” apart.
- Bake for 9-12 minutes until edges are golden brown.