- 1 ½ cups hot tap water
- 2 Tbsp. yeast
- 2 Tbsp. melted butter
- 2 Tbsp. granulated sugar
- 5 cups bread flour
- 2 tsp. salt
- 3 Tbsp. butter, melted
- 1 tsp. Garlic salt
- Preheat oven to 170°
- Using the paddle attachment on your stand mixer combine water and sugar.
- Add yeast and allow to sit for 5 minutes.
- Stir in salt and butter.
- On low speed add in 2 cups of the flour until combined.
- Add remaining flour ½ cup at a time.
- “Knead” dough with the paddle attachment until smooth an elastic.
- Coat a clean counter surface with nonstick cooking spray or rub with a bit of olive oil.
- Drop your dough ball onto greased counter.
- Cut dough in half and then each half into 7 or 8 pieces.
- Use your hands to roll each piece into a breadstick shape.
- Place on 2 greased cookie sheets- leaving them 2” apart.
- Place bread in oven for 12-15 minutes and allow them to rise until their width has doubled in size.
- Remove from oven and brush lightly with butter mixture.
- Turn oven up to 400°
- Return breadsticks to oven and bake for 10-12 minutes until tops are golden brown,
- Cool, Serve and Enjoy!