- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 medium Onion, diced
- 1 1/2 lb Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 1 tbsp minced Garlic
- 1/4 tsp Crushed Red Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Basil
- 8 oz Bow Tie Pasta
- 10 oz Frozen Broccoli, thawed
- 1 1/2 cup Chicken Broth
- 2 1/2 cup Water
- 1/3 cup Milk
- 1/2 cup Grated Parmesan
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Cut chicken into 1/2-1″ pieces.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in large skillet over medium.
- Add chicken, salt and pepper and sautee until chicken is no longer pink.
- Remove chicken to bowl.
- Add remaining oil, red pepper, basil, onion and garlic to skillet.
- Sautee until onion is transparent.
- Add chicken broth and 2 cups of water to pan.
- Bring to a boil add pasta.
- Reduce heat to low and cover.
- Cook for about 12 minutes until pasta is nearly done.
- Add in broccoli and remaining 1/2 cup water and continue cooking covered another 3-4 minutes on low, or until broccoli and pasta are both tender.
- Stir in Parmesan and milk.
- Add chicken back and simmer uncovered until sauce thickens.