One of the things I hate about cooking is the massive piles of dishes I accumulate when cooking dinner. This recipe is a one skillet sensation. The entire recipe will only use one pan to save you time in the kitchen.
This is also a healthy and easy weeknight recipe that your whole family can enjoy. You can read more about the benefits of eating broccoli here. You can see what you will will need for this recipe here:
Cut chicken into 1/2 – 1″ pieces. Heat one tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add chicken, salt, and pepper. Sautee until chicken is no longer pink.
Remove chicken to a bowl. Add remaining oil, red pepper, basil, onion, and garlic to skillet. Cook onion until transparent.
Add chicken broth and 2 cups of water to pan. Bring to a bowl. Add pasta. Cover and reduce heat to low. Cook for about 12 minutes or until pasta is nearly done.
Add in broccoli and remaining 1/2 cup water. Cook covered for another 3-4 minutes or until broccoli and pasta are both tender.
Stir in Parmesan and milk.
Add chicken back and simmer uncovered until sauce thickens.
One Skillet Broccoli Parmesan Chicken with Bow Tie Pasta
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 medium Onion, diced
- 1 1/2 lb Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 1 tbsp minced Garlic
- 1/4 tsp Crushed Red Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Basil
- 8 oz Bow Tie Pasta
- 10 oz Frozen Broccoli, thawed
- 1 1/2 cup Chicken Broth
- 2 1/2 cup Water
- 1/3 cup Milk
- 1/2 cup Grated Parmesan
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Cut chicken into 1/2-1″ pieces.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in large skillet over medium.
- Add chicken, salt and pepper and sautee until chicken is no longer pink.
- Remove chicken to bowl.
- Add remaining oil, red pepper, basil, onion and garlic to skillet.
- Sautee until onion is transparent.
- Add chicken broth and 2 cups of water to pan.
- Bring to a boil add pasta.
- Reduce heat to low and cover.
- Cook for about 12 minutes until pasta is nearly done.
- Add in broccoli and remaining 1/2 cup water and continue cooking covered another 3-4 minutes on low, or until broccoli and pasta are both tender.
- Stir in Parmesan and milk.
- Add chicken back and simmer uncovered until sauce thickens.
View the Recipe Index for a complete list of recipes. For the most recent vegetarian recipes posted on the blog, go here. To view all the recipes post on the blog, go here.