- Whole Pork SHoulder Roast
- 12 oz Coke
- 1 tbsp Onion Powder
- 1 tbsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tbsp Black Pepper
- 1 tbsp Kosher Salt
- 1 bottle BBQ Sauce
- Remove any thick slabs of pure fat from outside of roast.
- Whisk spices together and rub over surface of roast.
- Place roast in slow cooker.
- Pour Coke over roast.
- Cover and set on high for 5 hours or low for 10 hours.
- Remove from slow cooker (Meat should basically be falling apart.
- Remove bones and discard.
- Discard all but 1/2 cup of juices from slow cooker.
- Shred meat using 2 forks.
- Return shredded meat to slow cooker,
- Add reserved juices and BBQ sauce to slow cooker and mix well.
- Set lon lover and cover for 30 minutes before serving.