Most people love having hamburgers and hot dogs at their family barbecues. Personally, I love making Slow Cooker Coke Pulled Pork. Not only is it more delicious than most traditional barbecue recipes, but the fact is that crockpot recipes are just too easy not to make!
When you make hamburgers and hot dogs, someone has to stand by the grill the entire time or risk burning the food. Not only does this put the food at somewhat of a risk of not turning out just right, but it also means that the cook can’t really enjoy the rest of the party.
Crockpot recipes like this slow cooker pulled pork solve that problem completely. Just throw your ingredients in the crock pot in the morning, shred it and set it out right before the party, and let your guests help themselves. Everyone can have as much or as little as they like, and you don’t have to be chained to the grill all day slaving over your favorite barbecue recipes–this yummy pulled pork simply makes your party go that much more smoothly!
Of course, the ease of making this slow cooker pulled pork isn’t the only reason I love this Slow Cooker Coke Pulled Pork recipe. It’s also fall-apart delicious as well. Your guests are sure to rave, and they will probably be surprised when they find out exactly what is in it and how easy it is to make. You’ll be surprised too. It really is that delicious and that easy!
- Whole Pork SHoulder Roast
- 12 oz Coke
- 1 tbsp Onion Powder
- 1 tbsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tbsp Black Pepper
- 1 tbsp Kosher Salt
- 1 bottle BBQ Sauce
- Remove any thick slabs of pure fat from outside of roast.
- Whisk spices together and rub over surface of roast.
- Place roast in slow cooker.
- Pour Coke over roast.
- Cover and set on high for 5 hours or low for 10 hours.
- Remove from slow cooker (Meat should basically be falling apart.
- Remove bones and discard.
- Discard all but 1/2 cup of juices from slow cooker.
- Shred meat using 2 forks.
- Return shredded meat to slow cooker,
- Add reserved juices and BBQ sauce to slow cooker and mix well.
- Set lon lover and cover for 30 minutes before serving.