Okay, CVS Trip #2 for the week. Yes, I did in the same day. Different cashiers though! :) While, my out of pocket total isn’t a total WOW as I did pay just a hair over $11, I was able to utilize my $4/$20 coupon I received in my email and a few coupons that were expiring on 12/31. I used my CVS transaction planner (Excel file) to get this pretty much to the penny!
(1) Pantene Shampoo & (1) Conditioner – 2/$6.97
(3) Powerade @ $1
(2) Crest Pro Health (our favorite brand of toothpaste!) – 2/$5.50
(1) Duracell Batteries – $2.99
(1) Charmin Basic (which we desperately needed – cuz, I don’t have a 40 year supply!) – $4.99
(1) Dawn – $0.94
(1) Gillette Fusion Pro Glide – $9.99
–Used my $4/1 coupon
–Used $13.24 in manufacturer’s Coupons
–Used the $6 in Extra Bucks from Shopping Trip #1
Out of pocket $11.15 + sales tax
Earned $9 in Extra Bucks to use on my next shopping trip!
How could I do better to reduce my out of pocket cost even further? Splitting up my transactions. In this case, I wouldn’t have been able to use my $4/$20 CVS coupon. $11.15 for all of these goodies is still pretty good, don’t ya think? Retail value is $51.79 and these are all things we will use! No food in this order but if you can save on your personal care items that you use on a regular basis it will alleviate some of the crunch in your grocery bill!