It is cold here right now and the kids have been playing outside in the snow quite a bit. They love to warm up with a nice warm mug of hot cocoa when they come inside. Actually, they expect it to be ready and waiting for them. This recipe is simple and delicious! Top with marshmallows and whipped cream for a even sweeter treat.
Most of these ingredients you may already have in your home!
Mix cocoa, sugar, salt and water in medium pan and bring to boil over medium heat. Boil for 3 minutes. Add milk and evaporated milk and continue stirring.Print
- 1/4 cup Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 cup Water
- 3 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup Evaporated Milk
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- Mix cocoa, sugar, salt and water in medium pan and bring to boil over medium heat.
- Boil for 3 minutes.
- Add milk and evaporated milk and continue stirring.
- Do not let milk boil or cocoa will scald.
- When temperature is hot enough for your tastes, transfer to cups.
- Add Whipped Cream, Marshmallows or Fluff as desired.