This white bean chili is delicious and perfect for those cold days. Add chicken or leave it out depending on your meat eating status. The same goes for using vegetable or chicken broth. I used vegetable broth so the vegetarians and the meat eaters both could enjoy this soup. This was a hit in our house!Print
White Bean Chili Recipe
- 1 Tablespoon Oil (I used Canola)
- 1/2 onion chopped (optional)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 32 ounce vegetable broth (or chicken)
- 1 can diced tomatoes (I used a tex-mex blend from the Great Value line)
- 1 can (7 oz) green chiles, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 15 ounce white beans
- 1 cup chicken, shredded (optional)
- salt & pepper to taste
- Heat oil and cook onion and garlic for 2-3 minutes.
- Add broth, tomatoes, chilies, and spices.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce to simmer and cook for around 8-10 minutes.
- Add corn, beans, and chicken if desired.
- Simmer for 5-6 minutes.
- Garnish with tortilla strips, sour cream, and shredded cheese.
View the Recipe Index for a complete list of recipes. For the most recent vegetarian recipes posted on the blog, go here. To view all the recipes post on the blog, go here.