Get in top shape this fall and get outside with these great fitness suggestions from Top Trainers!
Top Trainers suggest you, “Fall into fitness with outdoor autumn activities.” A good reminder, “Please note calories burned per hour depend on an individual’s weight. Calories listed below are approximate numbers. The harder you work, the more you burn.” (Top Trainers)
Rake Leaves: Burns 200-250 Calories/Hour
- Tighten Your Triceps
- Alternate lead arm
- Add lunges to work your lower body
Jog with the pup: Burns 200-400 calories/hour
- Jog or run with your pup
- Jog in place at stopped intersections
- To increase the work-out try, doing jumping jacks or high-knees at stopped intersections
Pumpkins: picking or lifting?: Burns 150-500 calories/hour
- Use a 5, 10, and 15 lb pumpkin as free weights
- Standing or sitting, hold the pumpkin in front of you and rotate slowly from left to right, working your abdomen
- Try standing squats using the pumpkin as your medicine ball
Outdoor Yoga: Burns 300-400 calories/hour
- Take your yoga routine outdoor for some fresh air
- Try Top Trainer, Ellen Barrett’s 45-minute Yogini class.
Try Top Trainer from HealthyFitBodies.com: Blend Method Calories Burned varies
- Cardio * Thighs * Core
- Abs * Buns * Yoga
- Ballett * Pilates * Latin Dance
- Plyometrics * Interval Training * Kickboxing
Information courtesy of Top Trainers DVD set, (www.buytoptrainers.com).