It’s time to go back-to-school on our health & fitness knowledge. It never hurts to have a refresher course on this topic!
- 30-60 minutes of exercise per day, most days of the week (3-5)
- 150 minutes per week (ACSM)
- Cardio: at least 30 minutes per session 3-5 days/wk
- Flexibility: as much as possible (Stretch!)
- Strength Training: no more than 20 minutes per session with 24-48 hours between each session (at least every other day)
- Nueromuscular Training (Functional Fitness): as needed, improves balance and motor function – like Yoga
- Eat Your Fruits & Vegetables!
- Limit High Fructose Corn Syrup Intake
- Limit Sodium Intake (>2300 mg/day)
- 3500 calories = 1 pound
- Reduce your daily caloric intake by 500 calories (kcals) and you will lose weight – Allow up to 20 weeks to see changes
- Weigh-in regularly to monitor your health standards & for motivation (daily, weekly, or monthly)
Writing Goals & Objectives
- Goal: Measurable and Specific. Include date, time, data, and other numbers
- Objective: Steps you take to obtain a goal (usually 1-3 objectives per goal)
- Post them or keep them private for motivation
Importance of Incentives
- Incentives keep you on track and keep you motivated. These are very important in your fitness routines. They should not be skipped, avoided, or dismissed. Incentives should also align with to your goals. This should not be something that you feel guilty about later. It’s a reward!
Take 10% Off your first order from Big 5 Sports.