I usually say this at least once a week! I get all nervous and confused and distracted under all the bright lights in the stores.
Learn from my mistakes (and there are alot!). Ha!
Some recent ones:
1. Bought Nestle 8 pk fun packs at Walgreens instead of Hershey. So now I need to buy 3 more Hershey to complete the get $5 when you buy $10 worth of HERSHEY. NOTE TO SELF: Just because an item is sitting right next to another does not mean it is the same brand. I did this with crackers once too at CVS. Then I was ticked at the register when my ECBs didn’t print out. Well, doh, Kraft and Sunshine are not the same. They had me all confused with the same sale and yellow tags. I’m sure that is what they are counting on. But back to the Hershey deal, oh darn, I have to make another trip to Walgreens. That is going to hurt. [giggles maniacally]
2. Huggies Swimmers rang up as $8.99 instead of $2.25 clearance. Almost walked out of the store and then realized that there was a reason I had to pay so much more than I planned out of pocket. So turned around and received my refund and he re rang it. Then as I was walking out, I noticed he only charged me .25 instead of $2.25. So what do you do? They told me just to take it since it was already so confusing. Okie Dokie.
3. A while back ago there was a Get $10 off 3 Hanes/Fruit of the Loom (they changed the brand mid way through) when you buy $10 worth of Nabisco. Checked out. Checked receipt. Couldn’t figure out why they $10 didn’t come off. Stood in Customer Service line for around 10 minutes. Then figured I was $1 short because something was on sale more than it was listed (normally that is good – but not in this case since it would have saved $10 if I would have spent $1 more.) Explained to Customer Service, just returned everything. Then I tried it again. Can you believe this, I messed it up AGAIN. I only bought 2 Fruit of the Loom items forgot another package of socks. At this point, I said forget it. We needed the stuff anyway and I was too mentally worn out from all the math.
4. Bought an item not on my list because it was a good deal and I had an awesome coupon. Got to the register. Guess what? Expired by 2 days. That is just a total bummer because I thought I found an extra deal.
These are just some recent ones. I should know better, I’ve been doing this awhile. These are total rookie mistakes but I think it happens to all of us. I should note that all of these trips, I didn’t even have my kids with me to get distracted…so there is NO excuse! LOL!
So Some Tips:
1. Always check your receipt. Especially with clearance items at CVS. I was told today that the system only holds it in the clearance % for 1 week and then it has to be entered again. That is why some things don’t ring up like they are suppose to.
2. Check Expiration Dates of coupons and toss them or donate them to the Overseas Coupon Program.
3. Double check the deals and make sure you have the right items, right size, right BRAND. (Don’t let those yellow sale tag distract you!)
4. Remember you don’t have to buy 10 when the deal is 10/$10 unless it is specifically noted that you have to buy 10 to get the deal! (Don’t let the mix and match advertising confuse you!)
5. Did I say check your receipt? Also, watch while they are scanning your coupons to make sure none get missed!
Any other tips or funny deal mess up stories for my readers?